It may seem like every day, week and month is already jam-packed with a special observance or theme, but our friends at United Way of Central Indiana think there’s room for one more: LIVE UNITED season.
Day Nursery is proud to be a United Way agency. Day Nursery has a long history with United Way. We were part of the first group of agencies to be funded in 1918 when the UWCI was known as the War Chest (in 1920, after WWI, it became known as The Community Chest).
The local nonprofit is inviting anyone who wants to Give, Advocate and Volunteer to improve their community to take part in one or more events or experiences this fall.
6 ways you can observe the 2010 LIVE UNITED season include:
1. Volunteer for Day of Caring on August. 27 and 28. The registration deadline is Fri. Aug. 20, at www.uwci.org. Realtors from the FC Tucker Company will be working at our Day Nursery Hendricks County Center in Avon that day.
2. Tune in to any local television station on Tues., Sept. 7 at 7:30 p.m. Watch during commercial breaks for stories of how United Way and its agencies are helping kids succeed in school. Learn what you can do to help.
3. Attend the Colts Go Blue for United Way Day, Friday September 10 at lunch time on Monument Circle, for prizes, community goal announcement and fun!
4. Visit displays of nonprofits from throughout the region at the Colts Go Blue Day to learn about their mission, sign up to volunteer or make a contribution. Day Nursery will have a display so stop by our booth and say hello to Denise Hancock.
5. Volunteer at www.readUPindyorg to be a ReadUP tutor for elementary students who are reading below grade level. More than 1,500 are needed!
6. Participate at work or on your own in United Way’s 2010 annual giving campaign.
Information about these events and many others can be found at www.uwci.org, under “Events.”
To learn about and connect with hundreds of meaningful volunteer experiences all year long, visit the United Way website.