This week is the Week of the Young Child, a nationwide, annual celebration that celebrates early learning, young children, their teachers and families. Today we know more than ever before about the importance of children’s earliest years in shaping their learning and development. Yet, never before have the needs of young children and their families been more pressing. That’s why the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the world’s largest early childhood education association, established the Week of the Young Child (WOYC) – to focus awareness on early childhood education.
- Music Monday: Through music, children develop math, language and literacy skills – All while having fun and being active.
- Taco Tuesday: Cooking together connects math with literacy skills, science, and more and can encourage healthy nutrition and fitness habits.
- Work Together Wednesday: When children build together they explore math and science concepts and develop their social and early literacy skills.
- Artsy Thursday: Children develop creativity, social skills and fine motor skills with open-ended art projects where they can make choices, use their imaginations, and create with their hands.
- Family Friday: We celebrate our Day Early Learning families and the important role they play in their child’s learning and development as their child’s first and most important teachers!
Celebrate your child!
Send us a picture of your child and tell us why early education has been important to them and we’ll feature it on our Facebook page! Email email@example.com.