Celebrate #WOYC22 with Us!
April 4-8 is the Week of the Young Child, a nationwide, annual celebration that celebrates early learning, young children, their teachers and families. Today, we know more than ever about the importance of children’s earliest years in shaping their learning and development. Yet, never before have the needs of young children and their families been more pressing. That’s why the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC), the world’s largest early childhood education association, established the Week of the Young Child (WOYC) – to focus awareness on early childhood education.
Day Early Learning will be celebrating the #WOYC22 all week in our centers and providing opportunities for families to continue learning objectives at home. Each child in a Day Early Learning classroom will be sent home with an activity kit which will allow them to celebrate the following daily themes:
- Music Monday – Check out our playlist and use your noisemakers to have a wild dance party.
- Theater/Tasty Tuesday – Tell your child a story using the provided finger puppet. Ask older children to tell you a story using the puppet.
- Work Together Wednesday – Using the scavenger hunt card, go on a walk and see how many items you and your child(ren) can find. Be sure to check out the tips on the back of the card!
- Artsy Thursday – Get creative with an animal mask! Use the provided mask, crayons and any other art supplies you have at home. Encourage your child to tell you about the animal they are creating.
- Family Friday – Read a book together. Check out these reading tips to make the most of the experience
We would love to see the fun you have! Take photos and share them with us through social media by tagging @DayEarlyLearning or by text at 833-200-7082. *By sending photos to Day Early Learning, you are approving the photos for use by Day Early Learning in print, on social media and any other marketing materials.